Friday, May 19, 2006

The good news is...


I spent most of this week in DC. Before I left, I was major stressing about what to wear. The East Coast is not as casual as our side of the country, well at least that's my experience.

Since most of my nicer things don't fit anymore, or I should say, most of all my things just don't fit me anymore, I went looking for clothes, mostly pants over the weekend. I didn't find much of anything except shirts. I feel so reluctant to buy those pregnant panel pants just yet, which is exactly my dillema. I have one pair of jeans that fits comfortably. That's it, no other bottoms I have except sweats fit me anymore. I know that whatever size I am now, will be much different two months from now. So why waste the money on weird panel pants?

Anyway, I ended up with a free morning in DC and used it as a chance to shop at H&M. Hello! The store there was awesome! They had maternity clothes (H&M Mama) ...for way cheap! I bought a few things, again...mostly shirts but also a pair of pants and a skirt. Progress! Unfortunately, H&M in SF does not carry the maternity line. Sigh. I'll have to wait until my trip to Philly next month so I can make a trip to the H&M in Cherry Hill.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

durn!
I was SO hoping the silver lining was going to be that H&M SF had the same line for our trip to CA. There are NO stores here at all except for Motherhood, and all the clothes look like nurse's scrubs.

I wore pants that were neither zipped nor buttoned (they were hidden by a tunic-y top) this week. Is this what we'll have to resort to?

- hs

Teeni said...

Isn't it sad?! I may have to just swallow my pride and buy some panel pants anyway. I'm going to have to sooner or later. Do you have any yet?

Anonymous said...

I actually did buy a pair of shorts with the wide panel thing. I was all embarrassed when I went to buy them thinking that I wouldn't need it yet, but the (rude) lady was all - oh you DEFINITELY need a pair! Thanks. I hope me & D won't be imposing too much! It sounds like you guys do need a break...

-hs

Teeni said...

Don't worry! I'm looking forward to you guys coming for a visit.

I know I need to get panel pants, I'm just trying to hold off as long as I can.