
I went to a comedy club to see some wise guys. I wouldn't have gone, except it was for a birthday and I'm obliged to do what people want to do on their birthdays. Here's the thing: I have a fear that if I go to a comedy club, I will be singled out and picked on. You know how comics like to bust snaps on people? I don't want that to be me, so I just don't take the risk. Leon reassured me that the comics only bust on people who heckle them, and I'm not much of a heckler so I have nothing to worry about, right? But like I said, this was for a birthday, so I went. We were thankfully seated in the back. And the comics, they had no discretion! They picked on anyone! Non-hecklers and hecklers alike. I was lucky that they didn't pick on me, but I was sweating it the whole time. Plus, there were a bunch of unfunny racist jokes. I was so glad to get out of there.
7 comments:
Yeah, they might tell racist jokes, but they're just "tellin it like it is!". Blah. Most stand-up comedians should be shot.
Especially white stand up comics "tellin it like it is!" with racist jokes.
that always makes me cringe--when a white person tries to tell it like it is. i know it's hypocritical to say a non-white person can pull it off while a white person can't. but, it's just true.
I can't stand any "tell-it-like-it-is" jokes from anyone, except Dave Chapelle.
Wait, but what about David Cross?
I think David Cross and David Chapelle have a similar style of racial humor.... where it seems blatently racisit, but it's really anti-racists when you get down too it (on a higher level). Too bad the majority of Americans can't see that and either get super offended right off the bat, or just laugh at the blatent stuff without really "getting it" (One of the reasons Chapelle walked away from 50 million by abandoning his show).
but on the other hand, you have the aboved pictued dude...what's his name..., who is just plain, low-brow racists shit.
Post a Comment