Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Puppies


It's been so long since we've had a puppy in the house. Heylove is already 16 months old. She pretty much knows how to take care of her own needs (mostly she can just show herself out if she has to take a whiz). I guess I was taking that for granted. This week we are babysitting our niece-dog, Roxy while her parents are out of town. Look how cute:


Roxy is the coolest chihuahua puppy you'll ever meet, but she is a puppy. She needs a lot of interaction and she will be the first to cry about it if she doesn't get it. She's not a burden though, there's just a lot more to taking care of a puppy than I remembered. Plus, you can't really get mad at her because she's just so cute you want to put her between two slices of bread and eat her like a torta.

I had been wishing for the stork to bring us another Boston Terrier pup (collect 'em all - like pokemon), but now I'm not so sure that's my style. I really like having a grown up dog that can sleep in on the weekends, make me breakfast and bring in the paper.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's one cute cookie theif!