
I have made vegetable stock with my own two hands! Thanks to this bible of vegetarian cookery, I made a very basic vegetable stock and delicious lentil minestrone last night. Somewhere in the process I think I simmered a little too much liquid out because it ended up a little like stew at the end. Still good though. Sometime this week I'm moving on to the entree section. This was the first time I put my new chef's knife to good use. Oh, how did I live with out it? It's so sharp and has a great weight to it. I just let the knife weight do my work for me.
So I made the soup because I was nursing myself back from diabetic coma. Saturday's cookie contest put me into sugar shock. I tasted at least 11 types of cookies and lived to tell about it. If I never see another cookie for as long as I live, that will be all too soon. After the contest, I had every intention of beeing seen at the Knock Knock show, but didn't get done eating real food until after 10. I figured I missed them, so I just went home and waited for the Four Eyes show start. Only I got really tired and decided to not go out after all.
Sunday I watched Crash. It was good, but I don't know about being Best Picture good. It was a little heavy-handed at times, but eased up here and there. I cried when it looked like the little girl got it. There are a bunch of other Oscar nominated and winning movies that I didn't see that I need to catch up on.
No comments:
Post a Comment