
Last week all the junk from Utah arrived. Everything we saved, carefully packed and had loaded into a storage pod is now here in Sac. Most of it sits in our living room and attic waiting to be unpacked, sorted and dealt with. It's too daunting of a task to tackle properly right now. We need acid-free boxes for all the photos, some other kinds of boxes for all these old linens and somewhere to put all kinds of random old dishes and some new fabric to re-seat one of the mod chairs we brought back. We brought some other chairs, too...some Saarinen tulip knock offs like those ones in the picture, but they have a different base. I feel like we could sell these to a good home.
Nothing exciting happened this weekend. I slept a lot (maybe allergies got to me?). Sunday we went to the auction for kicks but didn't find anything good. I still haven't seen the mini donut guy everyone talks about!
5 comments:
he's at auction town across the street, not denios
I didn't sound like a know it all there, did I? Have you read the "grups" article in NY mag? It's crazy, but that guy is full of shit. The generation gap barely existed before rock and roll. He says it was as old as time.
Are you skipping ahead? What issue is that article in? I've only got the Best of NY issue at home. How about that insanely extravagant Indian wedding! There's a little lag time between what's on the newsstand and what's in my mailbox. I'll be able to catch up with you and all the hot NY news in about two weeks...which is still 1 year and 50 weeks ahead of the rest of the world, right?
That couple is soooo getting divorced. Within like, a year. Man, you are like two issues behind the online mag. You still have the juicy Ellen Barkin/billionaire divorce issue and now the gen x-ers who will never grow up one.
Niki, i'm a little jealous of all your booty.
Post a Comment