Thursday, February 23, 2006

There's no place like Utah


We were in Utah this weekend, helping Leon's mom clean up grandma's house so it can be sold. Grandma now has a swanky, assisted living apartment and needed us to pack up all the family stuff to ship back to California for storage. It was the house that time and a proper dusting forgot. Here are some photos. The rest are on my flickr.


The living room. I loved the coffee table and I think the chair by the fireplace is being shipped to us.


The family room. I wish I could have saved this couch.


This buffet was so awesome. I hope it gets a good home.


We rescued this bird.


And these photos.


And this picture.


This old timey toy escaped certain death on the way back to Sacramento.


I finally got to try Utah french fry sauce. It tasted just like thousand island dressing. I like ketchup better.


Ogden was a weird place. I could never live in a city where the nicest restaurant was an Olive Garden. Not that I eat at fancy places all the time, but I feel like that this was an indicator for so much more.

I'm so, so glad to be back in Sacramento.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so glad Utah let you come home safely too!

Anonymous said...

i'm so sad the biscuits were not yours to be had! your photos are lovely, though :)

heather

werenotdeep said...

Okay, whoa...I posted a comment, and it's gone!

Teeni said...

Chris - post it again!

werenotdeep said...

Okay, here goes...

The only place to have fry sauce is the restaurant that invetned fry sauce: The Training Table.

They originated it, and all the other places started making their own hack versions of it.

Training Table! It's a chain, even. It's just only in Utah.