Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday

Monday was my birthday. I took the day off work and got some things done, like shopping (trying out my senior discount) and napping. I got some nice gifts including a swanky new chef's knife that I can't wait to use.

Sigh. Saturday's trip to H&M was fruitful, but cut a little short. I only had a couple of hours because I had to be back in Sac before 7. So I picked up a few basics, but had little time to grab and try on anything flashy.

Last night I made the mistake of wanting to be taken to Tower Cafe for my birthday dinner. I was craving an earth burger for the past week and thought that I'd get a chance to not only enjoy a nice hearty meal, but also have the option for a tasty (roach-covered) dessert. Sad, night! The earth burger was mega dry, so I only ate half and planned to take the rest home so I could doctor it up for lunch today. And the desserts all looked too roachy or old. So Leon got me all amped up for some cherry pie (my favorite!), and we headed to Rick's Dessert Diner because they seem to always have cherry pie. Guess what? They didn't have any cherry pie! On top of that, the whole place smelled like a urinal with whipped cream on top. Disgusting. So we went home dessertless, but not before I could drop my burger left overs on the car floor. Overall, it was a good birthday weekend. It just got a little unlucky at the end.

2 comments:

Alice said...

that is unlucky. that's almost as bad as when my dad took my sisters and i out for a nice lunch for our birthday a couple years back. i had gotten my wisdom teeth extracted about a week prior and couldn't eat normal food yet. everyone around me was raving over their meals and i just had to gum a side of mashed potatoes the whole time. it really wasn't fair.

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday, dude!

gbomb