
So I've had the new Neko Case for about a week or something? Anyway. I've listened to it about 4 times now and whoa, caught by surprise this morning, I think I like it...as long as I don't think about the New Pornographers. Now, I know what I've said before about her. She is a little razzle-dazzle in the voice department and that's not going to change, but I can deal with it on her solo stuff here.

I'm also heavy into this Love Is All CD (thanks Leon, you always know what I'm going to like). I think this is the Girlfriendo singer? Anyway, it's so good in that punked out party music with horns way. Loving tracks "talk talk talk talk" and "make out fall out make up" best so far. The first one can be heard on their myspace profile. All the way from Sweden! They're going to be playing at SXSW. Kind of wish I was going now.
5 comments:
oh sure...NOW you wish you were going ;)
make leon let you listen to the entire what's your rupture sampler! long blondes and cause comotion rule, too!
- heather
My favorite song is Trying Too Hard...and I got the Love is All album longggg before I got that sampler yo (on pre-order from insound.com...ouch!)
niki,
i saw the new pornographers at Old I about 5 years ago and i couldn't handle neko case then. i'm not sure if i could handle her now but i'd be willing to give it a shot since so many people seem to like it. i dunno tho. anytime someone sounds like they could be singing on broadway, i get the shivers. she had a nice air about her though.
yeah, that's josephine from girlfriendo... remember, she was there when we recorded 'like the weather' in SF? (because she and wyatt are together... she gets the blame for luring him away from SF to sweden!) she was so cute and quiet, probably quietly judgmental, now that i think about it. ha ha oh well. do you think i would like this cd? i heard one love is all song awhile ago that i was not super stoked about.
-amy
hey!
i'll ouch you...!
Post a Comment