
I've been listening to the new Belle & Sebastian CD for a couple of months now and I finally feel pretty familiar with it.
Favorite tracks so far are:
Track 4: The Blues Are Still Blue
By far my favorite song on this one. So T-Rex! A real hip shaker.
Track 6: Sukie in the Graveyard
Who is Sukie and why is she in the graveyard?! I don't really care, but I kind of want to be her. I love the fuzz they put on the bass in this song.
Track 9: Funny Little Frog
I think they're going to have a video for this one. I need to research and find out where I can see it. I read somewhere that someone thought that this one was religious, but it sounds like a love song to me. But would this be a Belle & Sebastian album without a religious reference?
This one is not a favorite, but I wanted to mention it anyway.
Track 8: Song For Sunshine
Remember when they made Legal Man, and tried to play it off like it was a joke song? Are they effing kidding with this one, too? I can't warm up to it at all.
I got my tickets in the mail yesterday to the 3/21 show. I also took the day after off, just in case I'm too wrecked to come into work.
3 comments:
track 8 must have been the one that stuck with me, because i thought the entire things sounded like a big falsetto joke. the deluxe version has a live dvd of 6 of the songs...but you probably already knew that.
heather
I think I'm doing the same thing, too, as far as taking the day off. In fact, I think I'm going to be taking half the day-of off so I can go down early and hang out. Leon's blog says 2/21, though. Is that a mistake?
The show is 3/21 for sure.
Post a Comment