
Another "who is JT Leroy" piece! This one's from today's NY Times, stating that the public face of Leroy, known as "Wig & Glasses" is a she. Recently identified by several people as Savannah Knoop (naturally, she is not responding), the half-sister of Geoffrey Knoop! This tangled web is quickly becoming untangled. The article goes on to point the finger back at Laura Albert once again as the real author behind the JT Leroy persona, but still cannot prove it's true.
2 comments:
At this point, the circumstancial evidence pointing to Laura Albert versus the plausibility of it being anybody else (especially it being the actual JT Leroy) has made things go past surreal and mysterious to just "Oh, for the love of god, give it up". It's not interesting any more, it's just dumb.
I wish that when they wrote these article they would include some kind of flow chart mapping out the connections between the people because when I read this one I got hopelessly confused about who was who.
Post a Comment