
I don't care what anyone says about the weather lately. It's cold, not nice. Nice would be 78, sunny with a breeze. Not 46 degrees and sunny. It's nice to admire the sun from inside, under a blanket with the heater blasting, but I do not prefer to be out there. I spent all weekend trying to keep warm.
Friday - worked late at the office. Got heavy use out of the space heater under my desk.
Saturday - woke late and couldn't get out of the warm cocoon I made for myself in bed. When I finally rose, I jumped straight into a hot shower. Layered up for dog class with long socks, jeans, 2 shirts and a pull-over hoodie. Later for the Feeling show (man, those guys are so tight), bundled up with long socks, boots, wool skirt, two shirts a sweatshirt, jacket, scarf and gloves. Exclaimed several times. "I'm cold!"
Sunday - woke up and had to soak my feet in hot water to warm up. I bundled up and went to the farmers market with Leon. We ran into my uncle Mickey who said "I love this weather, it's gorgeous!" and he proceeded to unzip his jacket to demonstrate that he was impermiable to the chilling breeze under the freeway. I shuddered. Crazy man. Then I went out grocery shopping and cranked the car heater to almost full blast. Even with a down jacket, two shirts, a sweatshirt, jeans, more long socks and bulky shoes, I was still cold. Don't forget my scarf and gloves. I came home and took a nap on the couch with the blinds open, trying to make a toasty greenhouse out of the front room. It only sort of worked. Then last night, the only way I could get to sleep was to make another cocoon out of blankets. What I really need is Slanket!
This morning I came to work and blasted my space heater. I blew the power surge protector twice trying to get warm. This office is filled with men and women who enjoy being cold all the time. I suffer silently here in my office as they all ask eachother "is it warm in here?" before they turn down the thermostat to 60 degrees. You know what you guys? Just wear shorts to work and you'll all be fine.
3 comments:
d.c. would like to know: how is your circulation? before i got the diabetes/poor circulation thing in my life i was always hot. now i am almost always cold. so, yeah, maybe you have poor circulation?
Maybe I'm wrong, but once my dentist told me that my blood pressure was low and then asked me if I got cold easily. I said, "I'm cold right now." So maybe that has something to do with it.
I don't enjoy the cold office! I even got tested for thyroid problems and diabetes and I got nuthin. So I can only come to the conclusion that the temperature in this building is controlled by hairy men and menopausal women!
Bah!
-CH
Post a Comment