

Teeni's log: Friday, December 9. Again, lofty Olympians come to town to squeeze their expensive Evergreen State brain juice on sad Sacramento. I made like a sour puss and stayed outside most of the night. I had come to see Calvin, but this cold I've been fighting started to get the best of me. I left with a splitting headache and a bad cough. I probably missed a good Calvin show.
On Saturday we went to hang with Leon's old pal Benj. Drinks at his place then Second Saturday stuff. Drinks went on forever. By the time we left for art gallerying on Del Paso, it was already 8. Just as expected, there wasn't much left when we got there. We wandered into one or two places over by Enotria. How is that place? I noticed a couple of vegetarian entrees that looked interesting (mmm, mushroom ravioli!). They also have $5 wine tasting on Fridays that might be worth checking out. So here's where the night went terrible: walking back to our cars after warming our hands in the courtyard where Himovitz used to be, we heard an accident. We all turned around to see what happened and saw that a girl got hit by a car. It was horrifying. She was laying in the street, face down, about 10 - 15 feet in front of the car that hit her. Everyone started calling 911 on their cell phones and about 2 minutes later, ambulances and police showed up. We decided to call it a night right there and went home.
Today I met Leon for lunch at Dad's on 13th & S. Ever since Sabrina mentioned it, I've been wanting to check it out. It was pretty good. I had the Besto Pesto, which was great and really fresh tasting (bright green pesto didn't have time to turn brownish), but didn't have enough salt. One slight change I would have made, would be to replace the cheddar cheese with fresh moz. Leon pointed out that I ordered it without the garlic-mayo stuff, which is probably why I had to add the salt. Next time I'll try the grilled cheese because, you know....I can't really pass up a grilled cheese.
3 comments:
Dad's was great. I highly recommend the:
4) GREEN MACHINE $5.75
Avocado, cream cheese, roasted red pepper, cucumber,
sprouts, tomato, red onion, lettuce, wax pepper &
black olive with garlic spread, brown mustard &
pepper plant sauce on focaccia
fuck yeaah!
The Calvin show was good. Whatever was happening before that was at best somewhat decent, and all the rest of the time annoying and snooty.
If you've seen Calvin before and had a bad cold, I can totally see ducking out early.
i think snooty is an appropriate word to use. i'm going to use that now when talking about olympians.
Post a Comment