Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The bar has been raised.

This year's Halloween show was one of the best I've been to. The bands were great, everyone was having a good time (well, me and mine were) and did I say that the bands were great? I sort of came unprepared, bringing with me only one beer. I had hoped to get away to buy more, but the line up was so awesome, I just couldn't tear myself away from the show. Even when I felt like the floor was going to collapse and we were all going to die, I stayed and stuck it out like a champ. An uncomfortably sober, shy champ. Since everyone has digital cameras now, there are mega pictures of this show. Here are a couple I took:


Cab Calloway



So sad I missed Fleetwood Mac



But I was just in time to see Led Zep.



Rock and roll is spelled L-E-D-Z-E-P-P-E-L-I-N.



Here's Thin Lizzy.



And Elton John.



Talk about Charles not being in any Halloween bands!



Sting & The Police!!



The picture that caused this outburst from Liam:





It was the kind of show that makes people want to move here. More of my pictures are on my flickr.

4 comments:

beckler said...

Why can't I remember posing for any of these pictures? Oh yeah, diet sparks.

Unknown said...

man, i kind of figure there's this kind of thing going on in every town. but maybe you're right.

this kind of thing makes Sac special.

hope you're feeling better!

werenotdeep said...

There's an ineffable variable about a lot of things in Sacramento, I've noticed. Yes, there are things like this in other towns, but how much like Sac is it really? In my experience, there's just that certain sac thing (and it's really the people) that I've not seen anywhere else.

Unknown said...

i know what ineffable is.

but, could you try to peg it just a bit so i know what you mean?

is it that we're all so wicked hot? or funny? or lazy? or smart?