
Someone I know from work adopted this cutie riblet from the hurricane ravaged Gulf Coast regions. She sure is good people.
So, there's nothing much to speak of this weekend. I am going to a wedding tomorrow and can't figure out what to wear. That means I have to go out and find something. Since I scrapped my 24 hour membership 2 years ago, I've lost weight but gained a whole clothes size. This does not go well with my liliputian-like frame. When does the part in my life come when it'll be perfectly acceptable for me to wear housecoats all day? 70? That's not soon enough.
Other stuff:
1. Saw Capote. Loved it. What struck me most is that it was filmed beautifully. The parts they filmed that were supposed to be Kansas (not sure if it actually was on location, you know how they do things like that. LOTR was actually filmed in NZ and not Middle Earth, sorry to break it to you), were perfectly desolate and grey. And I loved Philip Seymour Hoffman as Tru. He was good with the voice and expresions. And I'm not sure that I've ever not liked Catherine Keener in anything. The only dude I didn't care for was Perry Smith. I think he was a little too something...maybe I want to say fake-tense. But it's not like I know how the real dude was, so whatever. And one other thing I'm going to be picky about is that when Capote does that bit about chilling with Marilyn Monroe and her upside-down hanging Matisse paintings, it didn't seem right. So I went back and checked my George Plimpton book to find where I first heard about it. That book actually says it was Greta Garbo and upside-down hanging Picasso paintings. The book is an oral biography, so either one could be right, I guess. He was friends with both ladies.
2. One of my nicest pals brought me a couple of goodies from H&M today. When does that store in SF open? Supposed to be soon, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment