
This photo is from Friday night. Fun, so fun.
Sunday was such a nice day because the weather was just perfect. I did some cleaning, visited with my parents a little. My dad was born in Sacramento like yours truly and his mother before him. Every once in a while, I ask him things about Sacramento from his days growing up downtown and in Old Sac (when it was like skid row). He's always so stoked to share stories about him and his brothers daring eachother to explore the tunnels under downtown or other mischief they used to make. Last time he was over, I showed him a book I picked up at Tower about the history of East Sac, so this time he brought me some really old Sacramento postcards showing the amtrack station, the capitol and the Tower Bridge.
I also went over to Beers. For some reason, I hadn't been there since they moved, so I decided to take over some old books I found while I was cleaning. You know, check out the new place. It was so nice to just browse for a little while. I picked up the Greens cookbook, which I think is a little bit beyond my cooking abilities, but seems to have some really yum recipes. Can't wait to try out the potatoes and garlic roasated in parchment paper.
4 comments:
that book was so neat!
they've got a whole series now too. some on East Sac, some on the Delta towns, McKinley Park, etc.
i forgot to mention that banana slugs are yellow. i saw one on sat. night and thought of you.
Yeah, Katy! I want to get the book on Curtis Park, too. I wish they had one dedicated to Old Sac.
Alice - Please tell me that you didn't see the banana slug in midtown. The slugs and I have a treaty. They won't come here and I won't go seek them out (on purpose). If I find out there are some here, I'm going to have to rough up some of those Santa Cruz people.
i think it was a wannabe banana slug. it was yellow but it was WAY smaller than an actual b-slug. so you don't have to worry.
Post a Comment