Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Seeing movies


Along with Capote, which seems to be perpetually "coming soon to a theatre" near me, I really want to see the Squid and the Whale, which opens here on who knows when. I heard the interview with the director, Noah Baumbach today on Fresh Air. Sounds like something I'd like. At home I've been blowing through the netflix queue.

Spanglish. I don't know what I was thinking. This movie was a complete waste of 2.5 hours. All I have to say is, I want to know what kind of food critic calls ahead to say that they're going to be dining at your restaurant.

The Machinist. The only thing that's worth mentioning about this one is that Christian Bale must have lost at least 50 pounds to do this movie, and for what?! It was terrible.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

man, i'd so go see that.

Anonymous said...

i want to see that, i guess it takes place in the neighborhood i work in. if i see it before it reaches you i will give you a review. same with capote... -signed, you know who

Teeni said...

Everything takes place in the neighborhood you work in.