Thursday, September 22, 2005

Horrible
This morning was off to a gruesome start. First, I stopped to fill my tank. $29.00. Wait, it gets worse. Then I started craving graham crackers. So I drove over to metal horse Safeway...or at least I tried to. The entire block between Q and S was completely taped off by police. That whole stretch? Yep. So I went around the block and pulled in to Safeway from S st. As I drove through the intersection at 19th, all I could see was a Volvo and broken glass. When I parked and got out of the car, I asked the security guard why the whole block was blocked off for just an accident. These guys know things, right? I could barely understand him but he said:
SG: Somebody got hit, a lady....30 years old, caucasian. The guy took off!
Me: Someone got hit in their car or their body got hit?
SG: She was trapped under the car. He kept going.
Me: Oh my gosh!!

So I kept checking the Bee to see if they'd cover it because the accident wasn't too far from their offices. Finally right around lunch they posted the article. Man, I hope they catch that guy. I started checking craigslist to see if anyone had seen what happened and wrote about it. You know how it is these days with the bloggers and the writing. So instant. But the only postings there were just saying how sad it was and another person saying that downtown was basically dangerous. Whatever man! I know I'd feel way more scared of getting hit by cars walking up Sunrise or Laguna Blvd, than down 19th street in Midtown! That's just me.

No comments: