You brute!
Here's me shaking my fist at you...you stupid animal behaviorist!
So I was totally freaking out about my puppy's biting because this one book I was reading had me completly in a fear-state. "If your puppy does not learn bite inhibition by x weeks, they'll never learn it!" So, my puppy is quickly approaching this supposed "developmental deadline" and the no-bite training is still a work in progress. After talking to some friends who raised dogs from their puppy stages, which the books I'm reading stongly suggest not to do, everyone basically says, "oh yeah, I remember the biting stage. It takes a while to break them of that. Like months."
I feel about 200 x better now and so does my puppy because I'm not demanding that she learn something really hard to grasp in one week, when it should take a lot longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment