Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I review 2 CDs

Har Mar Superstar - The Handler (Record Collection)
I let this sit on my desk for one whole day because I haven't heard any previous Har Mar Superstar CDs, just some hype surrounding them. Dear Har Mar, will you ever forgive me? I put this in this morning and I'm well into my second listen. Wow. He has completely nailed this Justin Timberlake/New Edition infused disco laden modern r&b style. I can't get over that he looks like that, but sounds like he does. I haven't been paying attention to the lyrics enough to know if I should be offended, but overall, it sounds like it's supposed to be funny. Really good party music.

Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine (Vice Recordings)
Loud, rock, punk, melodic, you know...that NY sound, but without being entirely cliche. Okay, I really like it. And it's put out by Vice, producers of the best free magazine that I never get but once in a blue moon. What's with the 1979?


No comments: