Captain Foot In Mouth.
I was just sitting in the lunch room, eating with my co-workers. I brought a couple of trashy "US" type magazines to browse through while I ate my salad. I love to hate these magazines. They're poorly written, they have lots and lots of pictures and they're filled with unfounded gossip. But I can't seem to ever put them down. Last night I saw the latest Star magazine at the grocery check out. It had my favorite kind of feature: "CELEBRITY FLAWS!" Flab, cellulite, large HANDS! Inside, there was a spread of about 6 celebs missing fingers, parts of fingers or with weird fingers! I was shocked at how many I never noticed. Did you know about Denzel's pinky finger? I sure didn't! So anyway, I'm excitedly recounting this part about the fingers to my lunch mates when I remember that I'm within earshot of another co-worker, who is actually missing fingers.
Oops.
I tried to recover. I didn't say anything too damaging, and tried to emphasize that I was just shocked that I didn't know about the celeb fingers (or lack thereof). But she just dropped by my office to drop something off and was awfully quiet. It's just that she hides it so well, that I forgot she was missing a few too!
No comments:
Post a Comment