Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Rage Against The Teen

Yesterday evening we went over to my parent's house to finally set up my 11 year old neice's email. She has this new computer, but doesn't really have any concept of the entertainment and information it can provide her with. I think she'll get it one day, but for now, I'm not worried. In fact, I think it's better this way. Anyway, she showed me this picture she made on a paint program. A swirling, colorful piece ala abstract Van Gogh.

On the back, written in gold pen was this poem titled Rage, Rage, Rage:

Rage, rage, rage
Why do I have so much rage?
Is rage a part of me
Rage, rage, rage

Confused, I asked her what she has so much rage about. She said that she didn't know, that she just wrote it. Okay, I said. Kind of like writing from someone else's perspective? I guess, she replied and had another spoonful of vanilla cake frosting, right out of the can.



No comments: