Sweater Pills
I wore a sweater today ridden with enough pillage to build another sweater.
Friday we had a nice date. Dinner and a movie. Dinner was at Tony Baloney's, which was our second choice after finding out that Weiner Works does not serve veggie dogs or veggie brat. Sigh. The movie was fabulous. The Triplets of Belleville was simply magical and full of wonder. I would like to take my niece to see it. She's 11 and I'm not sure if she'd quite enjoy it as much as I did, but I feel it's my duty to provide for her an alternative to Justin & Kelly, Hillary Duff and Legally Blonde parts 1 and 2. We also sat and figured out the next songs for our musical project, Crush Groove. We'll mostly be paying homage to our favorite bands by putting a new spin on their songs.
Saturday we went to record with Jon. It went okay. The practice space we used was easily 10 degrees colder than the outside temperature. My hands had to be warmed up in order to play my parts. Afterward, we hit a taqueria for burritos. It was amazing. Remember how we were always saying that carrots just don't belong in burritos? Well, this place pulled it off with flying colors. I can't belive I ate the whole thing. Later on, I met up with Elba and Susan at a weird clamper bar in Citrus Heights. We were supposed to see some band, but we showed up too late. We ended up following some people we sort of knew to a party in Rocklin. They had a kitten at the house we went to and I have to say that was the only redeeming quality about that party. After that, we chased Susan's friends around all night from bar to bar, then we ended up at her friend's house in Fair Oaks to play the longest game of abreviated Trivial Pursuit ever. At the end, I gave away the final answer to the other team. It was 4 am and I was absolutely beat, I had do put the game out of it's misery.
Sunday I slept in until about 12:45 then went out and spent about 80 bucks on groceries. I better not have to go out for food for at least 2 weeks.
Leon's birthday is coming up this weekend. He hasn't decided what he wants to do yet, but it may involve dinner and some drinks somewhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment