In the nick of quick
Our department holiday lunch starts today at 2pm. Yes, 2! Clearly not lunch time. I've already had to eat about 12 bbq chips, 20 wheat thins and two bites of cherry pie. I know exactly what the lunch will be and I'm not looking foward to it. Somehow, by fluke or flake, we've managed to eat at Rio City Cafe three times this month. Normally, this would be fine by me so long as we are furnished with ample ammounts of their special cheesy loaf. Unfortunately, we found on our first visit this month that the cheesy loaf was out of season and has been replaced with....flat bread with goat cheese, roasted garlic and tomatoes. Hold up. Tomatoes? I know for a fact that tomatoes are out of season. Wouldn't that dish be a better spring/summer appetizer? Cheesy loaf, by nature lends itself much better to fall and winter. Piping, hot cheesy loaf....mmm. So anyway, we aren't having it. Instead, we're having a fixed menu because there are so many of us. We've had a sneak peak of this menu when we ate there last week. I'll be having the slimy vegetarian sandwich. Again. I have no respect for restaurants who's lame attempt at a vegetarian menu item is the slimy vegetable sandwich.
It's a good thing I've filled up on snacks already.
No comments:
Post a Comment