Photic Sneeze Reflex
I believe I have a mild case of photic sneeze reflex. This is when you look into the sun or a very bright light and sneeze. About 1 out of 6 people have this. No one really knows why it happens, but it is passed genetically. One theory is that my brain is miswired. When my brain tells my pupils to get small in response to bright light, the message takes the same path as it's supposed to take when my brain tells me to sneeze. Apparently, either my mother or father has this too. However, I say I have a mild case because I have sort of a backwards case of it. When I have the urge to sneeze, but can't right eek one out, I just turn to a bright indoor light or the sun and that simple act greatly facilitates the sneeze. It's like trying and trying to throw up, but you can't, then you start thinking about spaghetti and bluuuuurth....you've puked.
No comments:
Post a Comment