Friday, August 29, 2003

Last night I watched the VMAs and wholeheartedly rooted for 50 cent.


1. Broadcast "Ha Ha Sound" - OK, so they are sounding more and more Sterolab-y. But let's face it, will Stereolab make any more new music without Mary Hansen? Maybe, but I'm not saving myself until they do. I'm cheating on them with Broadcast and not afraid to admit it.

2. Belle & Sebastian "Dear Catastrophy Waitress" - Hey, who put Big Star in my Belle & Sebastian? At first I really didn't like the new songs because they were different, but now I love them because they ARE so different...from their last record anyway. If the last track doesn't sound so Ashes To Ashes Bowie, I don't know what does. Great live show at the Greek Theater. Cool, but not too cool, perfect outdoor concert weather. Terrible parking. I missed the after party of the century.

3. Crackernuts. Adobo tastes just like barbeque, so don't buy both flavors.

4. River Dawgs last Saturday. The best tribute to early Rock The Light I've ever seen and there are a lot of RTL tribute bands out there. Like Led Zep, The Stones, etc.

5. Aguas frescas at La Favorita. Melon (cantelope) was just perfect.


No comments: