Monday, August 25, 2003

Keep on being nice to me.


Picky co-worker: How's your wedding dress shopping going?

Teeni: Fine. I went to House of Fashion, but everything I really liked was thousands of dollars. I only want to spend $600. So I'm going to David's Bridal on Saturday.

Picky: Ew. Aren't they corny?

Teeni: Yeah, probably, but it doesn't hurt to look.

I totally found THE wedding dress at David's Bridal this weekend. It fit way better and was way prettier than anything I tried on at HOF. Not to mention it was half the price I was planning to spend. Yeah!

But now I'm freaking out. The consultant that sold me my dress was pressuring me to order the dress I wanted this weekend. Apparently the line it was from wasn't doing well (obviously because all of the poofy, beaded, lacy dress-loving girls who buy their dresses at David's Bridal, have no taste at all) and they were going to discontinue it soon. On one hand I believed her because a friend of mine had a nightmare with bridesmaid dresses there. She tried to order them early, but they told her to wait until a month or two later. By then when she tried to order them exactly when they told her to, they were "discontinued." I expressed this concern to the consultant and she assured me that I would get my dress. I am still, however, freaking out about it. Would I be bridezilla if I called the shop to double check that they're going to be able to order this dress for me?



No comments: