I should change the name of this blog to: What Happens When I Wake Up At Night.
I can't sleep the night through anymore. Every night I wake up at least 4 or 5 times. Last night it was because the cats were sitting in the bedroom window, freaking out over the bats zooming around outside. I was terrified that they were going to jump out of the window and die and woke up three times to shoo them off the sill. I woke up a fourth time when one of the cats left the window and came to sleep at my feet. She was out cold, exhausted no doubt from watching bats. All of the sudden I thought she might be dead so I woke her up. She wasn't dead, phew. So then I went back to sleep. Then I woke up again after having a wedding nightmare. I won't explain it, it was just terrible.
All of this interrupted sleep is starting to affect me. Right around 2pm, I'm ready for a nap. Right around 6, I'm ready for another nap. My eyes have huge dark circles under them and I get cranky too easily.
I'm no joy to be around these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment