Foul mood.
I am of short patience today and easily crossed. Look out. This morning my sleep was interrupted at least three times.
Act 1: Sleepy arm - 3:00 AM.
Leon: "Mrrrrrggghhhhh!"
He stands up and faces the window.
Niki: "What's the matter? What's wrong?"
I'm panicked.
Leon: "My whole arm is asleep."
He starts to walk to the bathroom.
Niki: "Where are you going? Leon? Wha....?"
Leon: "I'm going to the bathroom!"
Niki: "Sorry."
I lay my head back down and falls asleep until....
Act 2: Cat scratches door - 4:00 AM.
Cat at the door: "Scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch."
Leon taps me on the shoulder.
Leon: "Wake up, she's scratching."
Me: "Mmmmmmf."
I blink several times to moisten my contacts. I can't see a damn thing. I stand up and grab the spray bottle of water I keep on my night table for this purpose. The cat hears me and runs to the kitchen. I lay back down and try to sleep untill.....
Act 3: Cat scratches again - 4:30 AM.
Cat at the door: "Scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch."
Leon: "Hey, the cat."
Me: "Why is she doing that?"
I stand up and tip toe to the hallway with the spray bottle. This time I let loose and I think I got her good. I lay back down and slept until 6:30 when Leon insisted that I wake up.
What if I wanted to sleep in?
And now I'm cranky.
No comments:
Post a Comment