Okay, not guilt pangs. Something else.
We saw the Kings play Denver on Tuesday. Free food and beer was afoot in our PARTY ZONE. Feeling punchy, I decided to accidentaly walk away with a NBA Playoffs chair cover in my coat. When we got to our seats, I began to have a terrible feeling that someone would notice the chair cover missing and peg me as the suspect and somehow punish me.
I told Greg*: I feel really bad that I took this. Maybe I should give it back.
Greg: You don't feel bad. You're just afraid of getting caught.
And you know what, he was totally right. Often times I have confused my own feelings of regret-empathy with the fear of being caught doing something wrong.
And this kind of goes into my photo haitus. I don't necesarrily feel bad about stealing bandwith by linking directly to someone elses pictures, I'm just afraid of getting caught. I guess I'm lucky that someone hasn't found out what I'm doing and then decided to do something about it.
*Greg. I have to think before I say his name because he looks an awful lot like someone I knew named Aaron.
No comments:
Post a Comment