Friday, April 26, 2002

Unreal

Novocaine Structure

I went to the dentist this morning. Whenever I go to the dentist, for some reason I like to write about it. Today I had two cavities filled. Hopefully they're the last ones I'll ever have. The local anesthetic hasn't worn off yet, so I keep touching my face. My lower lip feels like a huge frankfurter stuck to my face, and my chin feels so unreal. It's the weirdest sensation, I can't stop putting my fingers on my chin because I secretly like how it feels. It's like feeling my own face with someone else's hand. Leon, you lucky bastard. Your girlfriend has the softest face on the planet.
The dental assistant I had today was the same one that I had last time. Last time she went on and on about the doctor's ability to make the fillings look exactly like the natural tooth, how it was an art form and how she admired his skill. This morning she mentioned a fondness for Walmart during two different conversations. She's funny, but I don't think she means to be.
We have a show this Sunday at 8 is at Balazo Gallery on 24th and Mission, in case people care. We will have new badges!
Later.

No comments: