Monday, December 10, 2001

Tiny Dancer.



Friday. Leon took his mom and me out to dinner for her birthday. We had to leave the restaurant when she began waving her arms and dancing in her chair. We got some dessert afterwards, then hurried home for band practice. Amy came over and played us a couple of her songs, which were awesome. Her songs would be played by the kind of band I would want to be in. My inital anxiety about this band thing is casually melting into excitement. After that we all headed over to Matt's house for Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Cuspador and Danny Offer. I had a couple of beers and started heckling Danny, but Leon got really annoyed with me and so I had to stop. We moved the party over to the Flame Club where I watched shuffleboard, drank waters, and planned a new business strategy for Ass Wallets with James and a very helpful Lucas Cuspador. I won't tell you what our new plan is, but I will hint that it will be all about mini-max and cultural currency. I gave Leon my special cub scouts pin as a sweet gesture, but he didn't think it was that special on the account that I forgot where I got it from. I said that Chrisser gave it to me, but I honestly don't remember. I don't think that should make it any less special.
Saturday. I tried to knock some holiday shopping out of the way, but I didn't have much luck which made me feel defeated. Later on that night we ran between two shows. First we saw Trace, who never play. Then we headed over to Espresso Metro for Tangles, Gusto, and the Ski Instrustors. We tried to get T.C. to come with us but we lost him. Denise tried to make me entertain some girl visiting from NY, but I just didn't have it in me. I bothered Alan until he bought me a glass of wine just to shut me up.
Sunday. I ran into Other Heather at the gym.
"You're so fashionable. I have a wedding to go to, do you know where I can get a good dress?"
"Fashionable? Me? Do you ever see me wearing dresses?"
Bonnie, Real Heather and I did some more holiday shopping. I got some things for some people. We went back to Bonnie's and found all of our boyfriends playing hooky from the chores we asked them to do, mesmerized by X-Box. Leon and I went looking for a good menorah, but settled for pizza. Since we don't know of any jewish shops, we were at the mercy of card shops and deparment stores, so everything was either too gawdy, or too expensive. We didn't get one, so we'll end up borrowing one from Leon's mom. We ended up at Heather's and Matt's for Simpsons, drinks and games. We played a couple of rounds of a board game. I drank a lot of wine and became very chatty. I'm supposed to email Other Heather something, but I forgot what it was.
We went home and fell asleep watching part of the prehistoric beast show I had been wanting to watch. This morning I woke up wearing three pairs of panties: the light blue ones I went to bed in, a navy job that I had put on backwards and a black pair. I decided to wear the black pair today because I'm running out of clean panties and these ones were the safest since there were at least two layers between us last night. I must have been sleep walking, but I don't remember a thing.
Later.

No comments: