Monday, December 24, 2001

Positive Mojo.



Dear Apartment Getting Gods,
Please shine your apartment getting powers on Leon Levy and Niki Ortiz. They're good kids and really deserve that place at 2210 I street.
Signed,
A Concerned Party
Friday. We saw the best apartment ever. It was an old building, where you have to dial someone up to get in the door. Hardwood floors, built-ins, gas stove, third floor and cats allowed! Wish us luck. Saturday morning I was up at 6 because I couldn't stop thinking about the apartment. Now I've resigned myself to thinking that we won't get it, that way if we do I'll be pleasantly overjoyed. We find out on Thursday.
Saturday. Leon baked cookies all morning. Then we lounged on the couch watching Funny Face and eating curry. I studied all of Audrey Hepburn's outfits, wondering if I could pull off her tweed, bookish style. We decided to go see LOTR in Natomas. Killing time at Walmart, I picked up two neck kerchiefs to try my hand at the Audrey goes to Paris in a camel colored, a-line coat look. Bonjour Pareeeee! LOTR was good, green and mossy with wizards and mystical fog. I fell asleep during a couple of the battle sceens, but the movie was three hours long.
Sunday. Leon made sugar mess all over the kitchen and turned out my favorite cookies, russian tea cakes. Then we went to the Kings game, where Ronald McDonald gave me a comb. The Kings creamed Phoenix by like 32 points or something. It was fabulous.
See you on 1/02, after the holiday and our fun road trip to Southern CA. We're getting a digital camera!!
Later.

No comments: