Monday, December 03, 2001

Did you know I'm a pessimist?



Have you ever wanted to die? I almost wanted to die of nervousness last night. We had our one and final Talulah Gosh show yesterday, at the eighth annual Loft (belated) Halloween show. It came off very well, even though I messed up once, I don't think anyone could really tell though. That's not too bad considering that I didn't practice nearly as diligently as I should have. Oh, let's see...we had about two whole practices together a band. Leon and I had one or two together, so in all I practiced about 4 times. Can't say I did terrible.
1. Talulah Gosh
2. My Boy Says
3. I Can't Get No Satisfaction (Thank God)
4. Steaming Train [My tambourine song, I fucked up my hand from playing too hard]
Denise threw an arm around me and told me that I had to be in a band. T.C. gave me a hug. Heather and Matt skipped out on a show in SF just to watch us play. How nice of all of them. Hopefully there will be some picture links soon. We tried to enjoy ourselves at the Rock*A*Teens / Ski Instructors / Cave-ins show later after that. It was all okay. I was super tired, and didn't feel like drinking. I really hope that I didn't look snobby sitting back in the corner talking, instead of watching the first two bands.
Saturday. We did a bunch of chores, then I made a savory potato-mushroom with apple soup for Heather and Leon. We ended up making gross hippie cookies, and playing a rad board game until I nearly passed out. Still, it was fun.
Friday. We tried to go to the bmg party, but I got car sick in Dixon and nearly threw up. I needed food right away, so we picked up T.C. and went straight to pizza. The pizza helped a little, but I could only stomach one piece. After that we went over to the Hotsy Totsy Club for a drink. Being a sport, albeit a sick one, I decided to have a drink. Mostly so I could say that I drank at the Hotsy Totsy. It was just how I expected it. Smoke filled, shady but mixed clientele, pool table, shuffle board and a jukebox. I think someone was cooking stew in the back room. The lady bartender smoked endlessly, danced and opened our beers with the cigarette hand. There was a ceramic Spuds Mackenzie statue, I dared T.C. to try and buy it, but he wouldn't do it. It must be my luck because when we left I stepped in dog shit and didn't realize it until we were a block away. I had it all over my shoe and all over poor Leon's floor mats. Worse, after I cleaned it up, we couldn't turn on the heater because it would make the smell worse. Note: I was still feeling sick at this point. We dropped T.C. off, and went home. There was a message from Matt telling us to go to Danny's and Kelly's birthday party. I wasn't tired and figured that I could be sick at home, or I could be sick at the party. Like a champ, I decided to go to the party. I sat on the couch, watched the people dance and talked to James a little bit. We later snuck out to go home and sleep. In fact, I wish I were sneaking out of work today to go sleep, it sounds nice.
Later.


No comments: