Wednesday night. We tried to watch Dude Where’s My Car with Heathers, Matt and Dan, but we ate too much California Salad and we fell asleep. Both of us, drooling on Heather and Dan’s couch. Heather and Matt had long gone, the movie was over and poor Heather and Dan were just waiting patiently for us to wake up.
Thursday. We had our first full band practice. It went very well if I do say so myself. After that, we got all geared up for fabulous Mexican food at my cousin’s house only to find out that my parents had decided not to go after all. Instead we ate at their house. My sister was there, I had forgotten how much she drives me crazy. At least she’s easier to deal with when she’s sober. Then we had dessert with Leon’s Mom, sister and his mom’s crazy friend who likes to touch foods to receive a message that will make her fingers twitch if the food is bad. We played NFL Monopoly with her until I thought I was going to cry. Leon's mom doesn't buy anything unless it's on sale, which explains the NFL Monopoly. I fell asleep watching the Blues Brothers. The only thing that I liked about that movie was the commercials on the tape from 1987, and maybe the Aretha Franklin cameo.
Friday. We did some running around and visited Maryann for a few minutes. I feel bad that I don’t visit more often. She gets absurdly insecure about her friendships sometimes. I don’t know how to console her and it frustrates me. Friday night was the big vegetarian potluck. There was so much good food, I stuffed myself but I did not have pie once this holiday, thank you. Us girls drank a lot of wine and then I tried to show them how to dance. I don’t think that I was very successful. I ate some California Salad, and then conked out. Leon woke me up, and I was drooling all over my arm.
Saturday. I did some shopping by myself, but instead of buying gifts for other people, I bought myself a new sweater and some hippie shoes. I freaked out on Leon, and then we went to pizza, later Gilhooly’s for cards. They had the Musak soul station on, it was fabulous and I sang along to most of the songs.
Sunday. I hit a car in the parking lot of our apartments. I only made a six-inch scratch on the fiberglass bumper, my car was unscathed. The car I hit was a rental car. I hope they don’t make me pay for anything. In the afternoon, the Heathers and I had a girly scrapbook party. We tried to make hot buttered rum, but it tasted like rubbing alcohol. The boys had a burly video game day. We made them buy us Chinese food to make up for being boys. It was all fun.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment