Wednesday, August 08, 2001

>Hey, I was on the radio. For FOUR HOURS!
Tuesday. My crazy Tuesday. Each Tuesday I go to work at 7 am so that I can scramble to leave at 4pm in order to make it to my radio engineering gig at the station. I help out on a Public Affairs show called Panic Attack, which is hosted by the ever animated and loud Jeff Kravitz, attourney at law. I screen his phone calls and pass him notes to play announcements and such. It's kind of like being Roz on Fraiser, but not as fancy. It's fun, interesting and it doesn't hurt to have a lawyer friend. At anyrate, Jeff is out this week so I just played a tape of one of his older shows. After which was radio theatre, engineered by someone else, then was the 2 hour show from 7-9p that I agreed to sub last week for Martin. I had brought Leon with me, so between us covering 2 hours was nothing. At about 8:30p, Mick, the next DJ on from 9-11p comes in and he's sick as all get out and asks us to cover for him. Not a problem, man. We agree to do it. Then it hits us! We have to pull 2 more hours of material! Yikes. So we ran around the stax maniacally pulling tons of CDs and records. Everything ended up okay, but we were tired, hungry and cranky from having been at the station since 4:30pm. The show will be archived at kdvs.org for a week, until 7pm on 8/14. On the grid, it's 7-9pm, and 9-11pm. Enjoy.
Later.

No comments: